With that said, we do have a few small rules that we ask that you observe. We reserve the right to remove, suspend, or alter this post in any way we see fit if we find members are consistently failing to follow them.
1. Keep it PG-13. EGL is a PG-13 rated community, so please refrain from using swear words, racial slurs, or any other kind of extreme language.
2. Avoid personal attacks based on appearance, fashion sense, or a moderator's personal life. Please use your better judgment about what is a reasonable complaint (Something a mod's friend of significant other said or did? Not fair game. Mod talking about comm members? Fair game)
3. No flaming! In other words, if you're going to insult someone, back it up with some evidence or explanation. Here are some examples:
- Bad: "I hate superkawaiieglmod700 and she's a big fat meanie!!!!" This is considered flaming because you're insulting someone without providing any explanation, justification, or avenue for improvement. We can't really work with a comment like this- we have no idea why you think superkawaiieglmod700 is a big fat meanie, and therefore there's no way we can help her fix it.
- Good: "I hate superkawaiieglmod700 and I think she's a big fat meanie! She rejected my sales post and sent me a rude note about my items." This is better. You've explained why you think superkawaiieglmod700 is a big, fat meanie- and that means she can start taking steps to fix the problem.
- Best: "I hate superkawaiieglmod700 and I think she's a big fat meanie! She rejected my sales post and sent me a rude note about my items. I didn't like her tone at all, and I was especially offended when she said 'Your dress is stupid and ugly.' In the future, I think mods should explain their decisions without insulting users. I would feel more comfortable if she had clearly explained why my item was inappropriate for sale based on quality or look rather than a rude opinion statement." This is the best kind of comment. You've clearly explained what you found offensive or upsetting, and provided the way you'd like to see it fixed.